Saturday, April 25, 2015

My Review of 'The Nines" by Dakota Madison


The Nines totally grabbed me from the first paragraph.  I had read the synopsis and the references in the beginning and quite honestly wasn't sure how I'd like it. Well, I loved it. The tough subject matter; school violence, sexual assault, crime, corruption, unconditional love, regret, forgiveness and shame were handled extremely well. You'd think that this would be a depressing, dour novel, quite the contrary. It was fast paced,tender and at times sexy. The characters were multi layered and I loved how each of their backgrounds and unique ties to one another played out. I loved the mystery that seemed to permeate the story and the connection between Roxie and Alexander was magical and sexy. Completely hooked and anxious for others in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment