Saturday, April 25, 2015

My Review of 'The Nines" by Dakota Madison


The Nines totally grabbed me from the first paragraph.  I had read the synopsis and the references in the beginning and quite honestly wasn't sure how I'd like it. Well, I loved it. The tough subject matter; school violence, sexual assault, crime, corruption, unconditional love, regret, forgiveness and shame were handled extremely well. You'd think that this would be a depressing, dour novel, quite the contrary. It was fast paced,tender and at times sexy. The characters were multi layered and I loved how each of their backgrounds and unique ties to one another played out. I loved the mystery that seemed to permeate the story and the connection between Roxie and Alexander was magical and sexy. Completely hooked and anxious for others in the series.