Tuesday, February 23, 2016

DECEIVED
Book 1 of the Redemption Series
AUTHOR: Samyah Leighton GENRE: Erotic Romance
A lie tore them apart… A truth will bring them back together.
Fifteen years ago Jackson Delaney met Skylar Deveraux. It was love at first sight. He adored her. He trusted her. And she betrayed him. Breaking things off, he left her behind and never expected to see her again.
Heartbroken and angry, Jackson forced himself to move on with his life but not before swearing off committed relationships forever. Love had made a fool of him once, he swore never to let it happen again. After graduating from college he got drafted into the NFL.
With the help of time Jackson was able to put the past behind him. Now at thirty-six-years-old he believes he’s living his dream. He’s rich, famous and a celebrated NFL quarterback who can have anyone woman he sets his sights on. His life is perfect until the death of his brother and sister-in-law unearths some devastating secrets from the past that forces him to question everything he thought he knew about his life.
All of the people who were supposed to love him are involved in some duplicitous schemes to conceal the truth from him and Skylar is at the center of the biggest scheme of them all. Now he must find Skylar to get the truth from her.
How will he handling seeing her again after all this time? Will the extreme passion they once shared still burn hot between them? And if so, can he ever forgive her deceptions and be able to reclaim the only woman he has ever loved?
My eyes flutter open and I try to focus. There’s a face close to mine…
I jump up and our heads bang together then I roll off his lap onto the floor. “Ouch! Shit!” I put my hand to my forehead.
“Damn it, Skylar!” Jackson says with his right eye squeezed tightly shut and his hand to his forehead.
“Why are you damning me?” I ask. “You’re the one who scared me half to death. What the hell are you doing here?”
“Well, hello to you too. I’m doing fine. Thanks for asking.” He stands up and extends his hand to me to help me off the floor. I’m reluctant to grab it; it’s been fifteen years since the last time I touched this man.
“I’m not going to bite, Skylar,” he says, flashing that sexy smirk of his. I see the dare in his eyes and I refuse to chicken out. Taking his hand, a current runs up my arm and down my spine. Before I can pay it much attention, he yanks me up from the floor. I stumble a bit and he pulls me in close to stabilize my balance. My hands grip his well-toned biceps and they flex beneath my fingertips. I gasp.
This was an excellent read. It is hard to believe that this is Ms. Leighton first book. Sky and Jackson characters were well developed. This is a book that you won't be able to put down.The story line captivates you from the first chapter and doesn't let you go. By spark64 on February 14, 2016 (verified review)
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ 
The first thing I have to say about this book is OMG what an awesome book this is. The book is a real page turner. I had a little bit of problem to get into the story but after a chapter, I was stuck. The books has everything you can wish for, passion, deception, betrayal, romance and suspense. The mix of everything makes this book so good and makes me emotional. I did feel so much when reading the book, I laughed and I cried. I must say that this book is very well written and when I found out that this is the authors debute novel I was surprised. It shows so much talent and I would guess this is written from some one who has a lot of experience. No matter what the book is so well written and you feel and knows that their so much time and effort put into the book. As a reader you feel it and you feel the art in every word. By Angelica Berglund on February 11, 2016
Book 2 Amazon ✯ Goodreads
Samyah Leighton is a loving wife and mother of four. She's always had a passion for writing and storytelling. She loves to read. Romance and erotica are her favorites genre. Samyah loves all kinds of animals and movies and music. She loves to cook and bake and window shop. She finds beauty in all types of love. For the most part Samyah enjoys the simple things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment